Everyone gets cold from time to time .Children gets more cold than adults.There is no cure for cold .Antibiotics will not cure the cold ,treat the symptoms.Lots of viruses results in cold but the symptoms are the same
- Runny nose
- Red eyes
- Soare troat
What to do when you catches cold
- Get extra rest:You need to slow down from your normal routine.Its not necessary to stay in bed but do not expose the diesease to others.
- Drink plenty of fluids:Hot water,herbel tea,chicken soup will help releive the runny nose
- Shower:Take hot shower to releive from nose and head.
- If you feel mucus in your throat then gargle with warm water.This will make your throat feel better.
- Use paper tissues and not hankerchief this will help not spreading cold.
- If your nose becomes red and raw then put petroleum jelly around it.
Call doctor when
YOU have trouble breathing
You have fever of 104 degrees (40 degree )orhigher
You have new sypmtom that are not part of the cold like a stiff neck or shortness of breath.
You cough up yellow,green or bloody mucus
Mucus from your nose is thick like pus or bloody.
You have pain in your face ,eyes,teeth that does not get better with home treatment .
- Wash your hands often
- Be extra careful around people having cold
- Keepyour hands away from your face .Your nose,eyes and mouth are the most likely places for germs to enter.
- Eat well and get plenty of sleep and exercise.This keeps your body strong so it can fight colds.
- Do not smoke .Smoking makes it easier to get cold and harder to get rid of it.